Monday 16 May 2011

What I learnt from inspirational practitioners + film companies

After my research into inspirational practitioners and film companies I think that it has helped me realise what makes the practitioners and companies so successful.
In relation to the inspirational practitioners I think that I looked in the most detail at the works of Francis Ford Coppola and Steven Spielberg as they both have a range of film which I can relate to the theme of horror which my trailer is going to be based around. I learnt that the reason why both of these practitioners were so successful is because they have perfect plans of how they want the film to be laid out, but then they also give the actors freedom to adapt some bits if they think that it will help achieve a better final product. I am going to try and include this with my trailer so that I have very detailed plans of what I am going to include but then I give the actors a chance to change some parts if they want to.
In relation to the inspirational film companies the two that I looked in most detail at were New Line Cinema as they produced Friday the 13th which was a very successful horror film and I also looked at Dreamworks as they produced Paranormal Activity and  I thought that if I can combine parts of these films into my teaser trailer I will end up with a very good final teaser trailer. I want to combine areas of mystery with killers to create a teaser trailer which co-operates both of these in well.

No comments:

Post a Comment