Sunday 15 May 2011

Reflection on learning from teaser trailers with links to own teaser trailer production

What I have learnt from teaser trailers that I have analysed is that there is a wide range of features that you can put into one trailer, but only some of them work well together. An example of this is that you wouldn’t want dark music playing the whole way through then comedy soundtrack coming on near the end, it wouldn’t work together.
To create a good trailer you need to find the right aspects of a trailer which you want to work together to create the genre that you are making your film.

With the video clips, I found that some of the best teaser trailers show very little and give little away at the actual storyline; it seems to make people want to read more into the film as they want to know what some of the simple clips mean.

With the titles which are included in the teaser trailer some which ask rhetorical questions really make the audience think about some of the questions rather than just watching the clips, the titles seem to get the audience more involved about thinking what the character is going through.

I will use this in my own teaser trailer production as I think that if I use rhetorical questions it will get the audience more involved rather than just sitting there becoming bored of clips put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment