Friday 10 June 2011

What I learnt from audience feedback

From my audience results I found out quite a few interesting points which will influence what I decide to create for the end product:
As you can see from the chart, the most popular genres for people around the area which I live is Horror and Thriller and this may be due to the fact that when people are scared at parts of a film, they get more and more intrigued into what will happen next.

As it shows in this chart, it is very clear on what encourages people to see a film and this is why film producers care so much about what is shown in the trailer as they need to find a balance between not revealing the whole story but showing parts which keep the viewer interested.

From all the audience feedback I think that I have realised that I need to follow some of the conventions of a typical horror trailer so people recognise the genre and know the basic storyline of the film, but need it too create questions in the viewers mind which will eep the trailer in their head long after they have watched the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment