Wednesday 29 June 2011

Planning the Costumes& Props

Costumes and Props


Props




Knife – I used a knife as the killers weapon because I think that it is a traditional weapon in a horror film and I think that any other weapon would have made it un-realistic as knifes are easily accessible and also cheap.





Map – I used a map as a location finder of where the killer was going to strike next and this meant that people could see the pattern that the killer was following. It can give the storyline for the killer which will contribute to the film.




Deserted Street – I know that it is not really included as a prop but I thought that it was an important factor which contributes to the storyline that the place was empty and he was the last one remaining.
Suitcase& Clothes – the suitcase and clothes is to show how he is in a rush to get everything packed so that he can quickly leave this village and arrive at his new house. This creates tension that the killer is near and he is the next target.
Car – this will be shown shortly at the start of one clip and this will show that he has arrived at his new house with all his stuff, expecting to be safe. This makes the audience think that he is now safe.
Text on Wall – this will be the end turning point as it will show the person who thought they had escaped that they in fact, have not. It will give the audience a surprise and the text which I am using will not look very good before editing but I think that I can edit it so that it mixes in with the background.

Costumes

Killer: dark outfit in all dark colours to connotate that there is an evil background.

Mask – the mask is what is how people recognise the killer and I think that this shows how I am trying to connect with the stereotypical features of a horror film as every killer has their own mask.
Everyone else will have stereotypical clothes for someone in the modern days.

The stereotypical clothes for someone who is included in the film will be:

No comments:

Post a Comment