Sunday 4 December 2011

4. How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?




Product
Problem & How Overcome
How it helped? (Beneficial?)
YouTube
Not being able to access YouTube in college& sometimes loosing connection. These problems can be easily overcome by using YouTube at home.
It is beneficial because you can view other movie trailers that other people around the country have created to get ideas for my own teaser trailer
Phone
Using this to send texts and emails to participating actors and actresses so that I have people to perform in my teaser trailer.
It is beneficial because it is a quick and easy way to send and receive messages about when the actors are available to do the filming.
Email
Emails wouldn’t open and/ or send. This was solved by  just trying to open them in different places as some internet worked better than others
It is beneficial because it is an easy way to send and receive work on different parts of the project.
Word
Sometimes it becomes ‘un-responsive’ and this means that it would shut down. It would luckily automatically save the files that we had open before and this means that I can just continue with the work
It has helped because it is a very good way of writing out your work before you post it onto blogger as it detects any grammar or spelling mistakes.
Wikipedia
Some of the information which is posted on Wikipedia cannot be trusted as anyone can post an article on Wikipedia without knowing whether the information is correct
It is beneficial because I can use this to look up statistics on films and how well they are received by the audience and critics so I can base parts of my trailer around these.
IMDB
I couldn’t find any problems with this website
This was probably the most useful website so my project as it has a huge range of films which you can use to view trailers quickly and easy. It also meant that I could watch the most popular trailers in a certain genre to know what is popular with an audience.
Digital camera
The digital camera that I was using for my behind the scene shots, movie poster and film magazine front cover had quite a small battery life which meant that I had to charge it up quite often in order that it wouldn’t run out of battery.
The digital camera was very useful as it meant that I could take a range of high quality images for my movie poster and my film magazine front cover.
Film camera
At first it was quite complicated to use but as I used it more I got used to how to use all of the controls which means that I was able to easily record what I wanted too.
The film camera that I use to film my footage for my teaser trailer was a very high quality camera and it also had a very large battery so it meant that I could get all of my clips done in one taking which meant that I saved time.
Photoshop
Sometimes Photoshop was running very slow and there was no reason, this meant that sometimes I couldn’t use it. I overcame this by using Photoshop at home where it ran a lot quicker than it does at college.
Photoshop was very beneficial as it is a useful editing program as it has many features to completely changes photographs. I also used it to create my magazine font cover and my movie poster; it was good for these as you can create a magazine look easily.
Premiere
I had quite a few problems with premiere but that was probably because of the pure amount that I was using it. Firstly sometimes it wouldn’t even open as I had the problem of it saying ‘the program is un-responsive’ I had this problem many times but apparently it is quite common for this product. The second problem was that whenever I went to add a title to any part of the film in college it would freeze, then shutdown. I couldn’t solve the first problem so I had to just  keep trying until it would finally open and with the second problem I just had to add the titles at home as it wouldn’t work consistently in college
Overall premiere was a very good program to use as I could easily learn the basics on what to do. It really helped in placing my film together and editing it together. If I didn’t use this program I don’t think I would have been able to achieve the final product that I did, simply because of the range of features that you can use to create great effects.
Blogger
I only had one problem with blogger and that was that sometimes that blogs weren’t posting and I just solved this by trying them on different computers as finally some of them would work.
Blogger was very useful when posting my work as it would display it in a very nice way where all of the information is clear.
FreeSound. org
You had to search through lots of sounds to get the ones you wanted so sometimes it could be more time consuming than you wanted it to be. Although this was a minor inconvenience the sounds on this website were still very useful.
It really helped with the sound that I wanted to include in my teaser trailer as it had a wide range of sound effects which made the teaser trailer sound better.


How have I become more creative?
I have become more creative in the way that I edit the teaser trailer as the first time I edited it I put some transitions that did not look professional. When I re-filmed it I made sure that when I edited the clips together using smooth transitions which made it look more professional.
I have also become more creative in the way that I use sound in my teaser trailer as the music that I used fits together really well with the genre and the sounds also overlap each other which creates different effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment